The Salem Foundation Lois J Erickson Scholarship Fund
Open to submissions until February 28, 2022.
About the Scholarship
Applicants must be students who attend McNary High School in Keizer, Oregon and who meet the following criteria:
- Any McNary High School graduating senior whose parent is employed in Police, Fire, or EMT, including support staff;
- Any McNary High School graduating senior whose parent or legal guardian is a Salem/Keizer district school teacher (only) who has taught at McNary or a McNary feeder school for a minimum of 5 years;
- McNary graduating senior who fits the above criteria and plans to further his/her education by attending any accredited institution of higher education, including trade or business schools, two year community colleges, four year colleges leading to a bachelor’s degree, and graduate or professional schools.
The criteria for selection will be
- How the applicant represents his or her hometown of Keizer
- Community and school involvement
- Teacher Evaluation Form
- Essay and application questions
- Overall grades
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview with the Scholarship Committee.
Financial need is not a requirement.
Relatives of scholarship committee members are ineligible to receive a Lois J Erickson Scholarship.
AMOUNT AND PURPOSE
The scholarship amount will be determined by the Scholarship Committee, and will depend upon the number of scholarships awarded. The highest amount that can be awarded will be determined at a later date, but smaller amounts may be awarded.
This scholarship may be used for tuition, room, board, books and fees. The frequency of the scholarship payment, whether in one single payment or in partial payments over a number of terms/years, will depend upon the type of school the recipient(s) attends and will be determined by the Trustee.
Any questions regarding this scholarship should be directed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download and complete the Scholarship Application before submitting your information. Once all the requested forms are completed please submit them below.
Teachers will email the Teacher Evaluation Form directly to us. You will need evaluations from two teachers.
You will receive an automatically generated confirmation email after your application has been successfully submitted. If you have not received an email within 24 hours of submitting your application, please contact us immediately.
A Note to Students Regarding COVID-19:
Dear Students, Please continue with your application process as normal. We anticipate working with you and your schools in order to obtain your transcripts, possibly in a different format than usual. As long as the rest of your application is submitted before the deadline, your application will be considered on time. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you.